All 15 art Reviews

Swirly Blue Swirly Blue

Swirly indeed.

Again, the slight noise doesn't quite fit in. Also, what's up with the size? You could've cut height by 400 pixels at least.
Still, gotta love it.

Viamede responds:

Thanks man. the distortion around the edges is on purpose. any noise you see is probably because of my crappy pc and shitty render quality :D

Blue Phaze Blue Phaze

Lookin good

I really like your works.

Action Circle Action Circle

Brilliant

Very beautiful, good use of colours. Only the noise seems a bit out of place.

Viamede responds:

this was one of my first using apophesis and i didn't know how to get rid of the noise.

Black Desert Black Desert

Excellent

Nice sunburst effect at the top right corner. Or whatever its called, been a long time since I used Paintshop.

HeavyTank responds:

Alien Alien

Very good

I myself find red and black a very good combination just about anywhere. The red haze adds to the already intimidating eyes of the alien.
Sure, the background is 3d, but to categorize this as 3d, I would also like to see the main character in 3d. And the eyes could have been something else than just transparent holes.
I understand that as a school project this probably had strict limits on size but I'd very much like to see a high-res version if you ever made one.

e^pi e^pi

Beautiful.

I too find patterns and sequences beautiful.
You should join a demoscene group if you haven't already, you've got what it takes.

sumguy720 responds:

Oh wow thank you very much! That's a high compliment! I haven't heard of any demoscene group, but I'll google it and see what I can find.
Thanks for the review and scout, I'm glad there are others who find beauty in sequence.

Beyond light Beyond light

Looking good

Extra respect for programming the program you used to make this.

sumguy720 responds:

Sweet thanks!

Seamless Panarama pic. Seamless Panarama pic.

Sweet!

Really beautiful. Amazing.
The star in the middle is a bit of a problem if this were to be used as a background in a sidescroller. It would make me feel I'm circling a cylinder with a few dozen meter radius.

Forming Beauty Forming Beauty

Almost but not quite

I strongly dislike the foreground noise but the mountains and the sky more than make up for it. Excellent depth and the flatline clouds really fit into this one.

Enter Moonrise Enter Moonrise

Good but

Some shadowed parts of that cliff look weird. As if they were just plain black surfaces. You're also losing points for .jpg compression. The downscaled looks sweet but the full size is downright horrible.